Rafters from Roof Faces: no hip, valley or ridges

Bill

With v10.5.0 I can create a roof object via AEC, Create roof from polygon. When I use AEC, Framing, Create rafters from roof, it creates all rafters including hip, valley and ridge for that roof object.

However, if use AEC, Roof Face to create a bunch of roof faces and then frame those roof face objects, there are no hip, valley or ridge rafters.

Question

Has anyone been able to use Roof Faces for a roof and then have hip, valley and ridge rafters created?

You're not going to get hips, valleys, or ridges from a collection of roof faces -- only from a single roof object. There was some debate here about how "Create Rafters from Roof" should work, and essentially, the decision was that if a roof object (which has hips/valleys/ridges in it) is selected, then create hip/valley/ridge rafters. If just a roof face is selected, then just create the common rafters, since roof faces don't have hips/valleys/ridges. IMHO, I think that if several roof faces are selected, and if there are coincident segments (meaning coincident not just in 2D but in 3D as well), then those segments should be considered to be a hip, valley, or ridge, and framed as such. It sounds like this is what you think as well. If so, I'll enter a wish list item for this.

Charles, Thanks for the response.Add it to the wish list.I spent about 2.5 hours trying to figure out if I was doing wrong. Adding something similar to the following on page 5-20 or 5-21 of the Architect User's Guide would have been very helpful:

• [*]Note: When framing a roof face object as opposed to a roof object, hip, valley and ridge rafters will not be created.

Question:

What is the best way to submit publications corrections and comments?