How to imput a Site Plan

Andrew Mac

I am trying to imput the site plan into a drawing of mine. I have already completed the the building but now want to put in the ups and downs of the ground plane( the property slopes in severtal different directions). I have a hard copy of the surveyors site plan but am lost on how to imput all the vallies and peaks of he site. Is there someplace I can get more info on this or can someone tell me the correct way?

Thanks

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You can input a 3D site plan as contours or 3D points. (3D points are the typical output of a surveyor's instrument.) If you have a topographic plan, you can trace the contours off a scan of the topo and give them Z values using the command "2D Polys to 3D Contours". If you have a collection of points or a survey-instrument file, you can use the command "Import Survey File".

In either case, you will end up with 3D data (3D loci or 3D polys) on a layer. (I think the commands above create a layer named 'Mod-Site-DTMdata'.) This is your SITE DATA LAYER. You will use the Site Model command to make a Site Model (sometimes referred to as a "Digital Terrain Model" or DTM) using the Site Model command.

The Site Model is essentially a special hybrid symbol that is manipulated by the DTM commands. Once you've built the Site Model, you can choose how to display it in 2D and 3D using the various commands described in the manual.

HTH