Symbols

When I put a symbol (specifically a Refrigerator/Freezer Large) it won't let me delete it (or do anything with it for that matter) after I put it on. At first when it is selected I can delete it, but after I click away from it I can't do anything with the symbol anymore. Any thoughts?

Look at your classes. You will find a class named something like "appliances" that is set to invisible. Set this to visible, and you will be able to see and select the object. You will have to edit all of your saved sheets to make this class visible, or change the symbol and all of the objects in it to some visible class like "none." A pain.

Actually, you need the class options set to show snap modify others. The fridge is a member of tow classes, one being the none class.

If either of these classes was invisible, you wouldn't be able to see the symbol.

The fact that you can see it, but you can't delete it, signals class options. Make sure they are set to Show Snap Modify Others.

Katie, I think you're right, based on what was said about the object being visible after being unselected. Actually, it's an odd thing, but when I first paste or insert an object that belongs to an invisible class, it can remain editable until it is deselected, and can remain visible until some combination of things is done. But, though visible, it can't be re-selected. I haven't tried to figure out exactly what is going on with this.

[ 05-05-2003, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: P Retondo ]