3-D Walls

I am coming out of the dark ages and drawing a project completely in 3-D... somehow my walls have become "sticky"... when I draw a new wall with the wall tool, an existing wall becomes hightlighted upon the first placement click, and when I enter the second click for the end of the new wall, it instantly extends and fillets with the wall that became highlighted on the first click.

Very frustrating. Thoughts appreciated. [Confused]

Look at the "mode" bar near the top of your screen when you have the 2D selection tool active. On the right is an icon that looks like two tables, one faint. By toggling this icon you can enable/disable the "move connected wall" mode. When it is on, you get the behavior you describe - actually very useful once you get used to it. When it is off, you can drag the walls without affecting connected walls.

Sorry for the misleading info - I think Katie is right, you have Autojoin turned on. To turn it off, select the wall tool. On the mode bar above, the rightmost icon is the wall preferences dialog box. When you open it, you will probably see the autojoin radio button selected. Toggle it off, and see if that helps.

VW 10 is what Peter and I were referring to originally.

Which is probably why you were so confused to what we were talking about it.

Peter is correct about the AUto Join being in the Walls Pref. button and the Enabled connected wall mode is only in VW 10 arch - not in VW 9.

Sorry for all the confusion.