strange door id behavior

after placing a few door ids, my cursor will kind of hang up, turn into a small "+" and then a line extends from the center of the door id to the "+" and flashes on and off. it will stay this way until i force quit the program. after opening again, it's fine until i place a few more door ids. before all of this happened, i went in to adjust the size/font of the door ids (via plug-ins). after this problem started, i replaced the new file with the original (i had saved it just in case). but the problem is still occurring. i ran disk utility already.

cherie

vw architect 10.1/osX.2.4

The cursor looks like a + sign while you are drawing the line for the ID leader.

Are you sure you have clicked on a door to allow for the ID to be created?

When the cursor turns to the plus sign, if you click on the 2d Selection Tool, does it go away?

You also can't quit VW while in the middle of a function.

"The cursor looks like a + sign while you are drawing the line for the ID leader."

yes, it looks like a + sign but i'm not meaning to draw a leader.

"Are you sure you have clicked on a door to allow for the ID to be created?"

yes, i've clicked on the door.

"When the cursor turns to the plus sign, if you click on the 2d Selection Tool, does it go away?"

i can't click on anything when this is going on.

"You also can't quit VW while in the middle of a function."

no, nothing responds while this is going on.

If you are using the ID tool, you are drawing a line from the door to where the ID is placed or vice versa.

The cursor is a + durring this period.

Once the ID has been placed the cursor should revert to an arrow.

I was asking if when getting this plus sign, if you are trying to place the ID leader line to place the ID and if an ID is ever placed.

Can you click on ESC to make it go away?

ok well, it looks like if i'm a little more careful when placing the door id, this problem does not arise. i still have large door ids (i've got an 1/8" plan). could you go over the process of changing the id size again? and after changing this, do i have to resize again when i do a project at 1/4" scale?

Once the ID's are in the file,you need to edit the ID symbols.

For a Door, you should see the "Door ID 1" as well as "Door ID 1-#". The one with a number at the end is a unique symbol ID number exclusive to this file only.

Edit both of these symbols to adjust the size, making sure they are both the exact same size and in the same location in the edit dialog box.

All ID symbols in the file already as well as any new ones placed will use the defintion in these two symbols.

Do the same for windows and any other ID objects that are used.

To change the ID symbols globally, edit the symbols within the ID_Symbols.mcd file in the Plugins>Common>Data folder.

Open this file, edit the ID symbols to change their size.

Double click on the script called "Output ID Prefs" in the Scripts palette.

Save and close this file.

These ID symbol changes will affect NEW BLANK files only.

In the Resources Palette, select the DOOR ID 1. Right click or if you are on a mac with a one button mouse, hold down the control key and click on the Door ID 1 and select EDIT.

Select Edit 2d component.

Resize the object and or the text. You may want to use the Scale command under the Tool menu to make the change.

Click on DONE in the upper right hand corner when changes have been made.

Then go to the Door ID 1-# and make the exact same changes as above.

You cannot change the scale of the ID's themselves, you need to physcially change the size of the objects making up the symbol for the ID.