wall join problems

zero

SO I used the new feature "apply this wall type to selected walls" in the Select Wall Type window. I updated a whole heap of walls with a new type and two things:

1) all the existing joins were 'unjoined' [Frown]

2) now when I use the wall join tool to manually join, some of the walls change their 'angle', and no longer meet at 90 degress

Note that my original walls were 100mm thick, and the new wall is 330mm thick, so maybe I need to fiddle with the wall offset parameter?

Thanks everyone

VWA10.1 on a PC running win2k

1) Check your VectorWorks preferences. If you have "Auto Join Walls" selected, the walls should stay joined after changing their type.

2) You may have to "heal" the wall joins first. But more often the problem (at least with me) is that I simply forget to select the proper join mode -- I'm trying to do an L-Join, but I have the T-Join mode selected in the mode bar.

About wall offset parameters -- they only have an effect when the walls are originally created. Once they are created, changing wall types does not bring the wall offset into play. So you may have to offset the walls manually after changing the type. Use the offset box in the mode bar, when dragging a wall, to specify an exact distance to offset the wall.

HTH,

Thanks for your reply Charles

I gave up in the end and just redrew all the walls.

It's interesting to note the the wall join tool had the effect of changing the 'angle' of the wall so the the 2 walls ewre no longer perpindicular

None of the wall join options should change the andle of the wall...so I suspect a problem/bug in the way "apply this wall type to selected walls" works...4WTW (my opinion, "for what that's worth")

Cheers!