Resources Browser Problems

MikeN

I've created about 100 custom symbols that are stored in folders within a file called Master Symbol Library. I reference these symbol folders into my working files and every time I need to make a change to one of these symbols, I go back to Master Symbol Library to make the revision and then update the workgroup reference to globaly change the symbols. This worked perfectly from VW8 through VWA9.5.

It doesn't seem to be working too well in VWA10. Set to view thumbnails, the Resource Browser goes berzerk when scrolling through referenced symbol folders. This does not happen when symbols are native to the working file, only when the symbols and their respective folders are referenced. Nor does it happen when the browser is set to view a listing rather than thumbnails.

When I click on the scroll bar of the Resource Browser, the scroll takes on a life of its own as well as the scroll of the open document. Both start dancing up and down making it almost impossible to select a symbol until you click out of View as Thumbnails and switch to View as List.

I hope all of this makes sense. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I really enjoy using the Thumbnails feature of the Resource Browser and hope something can be done to fix this problem.

VWA10

WinXP Pro

P4 1.4ghz

512 MB Ram