Disappearing Callout Notes - Help!

All of a sudden the callout tool (behind the line tool) gives only the arrow and not the note. An error message appears: "Object creation failed due to invalid parameter(s). Please use different parameter(s)!"

This message appears upon duplicating an existing note, when creating a new one, when moving an existing note, or when trying to modifying an existing note.

This happenes in all previously created drawings and in newly-created ones.

I've tried reopening VWA. Same problem.

By the way, what happened to the old (and useful) note leader tool?

VWA 9.5.1Win98

The leader line tool is a secret. It's hidden to send you on a voyage to find it.

Actually it's in the program, you just have to add it to the workspace via the workspace editor. If you go intot he workspace editor, select the Tools tab, 2d tool and drag it from the left side to the palette and tool you want it to be with on the right side.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Erich, the callout notes are not regenerating because they have a parameter value that is causing them to fail. If you send me the file (to randerson@nemetschek.net) I will look at the file and determine which setting is causing the problem. If possible, send me a file with only one object in it -- an "invisible" callout. This will make diagnosing the problem easier.

For future reference, I have seen this happen two other times to someone that had referencing in the file. The text was fine until a ref. was added. When I tried the customers problem in VW 9.5.1, it seemed to work. Since then I haven't tried it in VW 9.5.2 ...

I totally forgot about this problem when you first asked the question. Sorry for not thinking of that.