Breakout Labels Not Syncing With Multicable Run ID

BenJ

After some fiddling, I think I figured out the tools and commands needed to get this to automatically fill.  Steps listed below:

1. Double check Circuit Assign Preferences under the Spotlight-Cables menu.  You should have "Lighting Device" selected, this will populate the information in the Circuit Name and Circuit Number fields.  You can choose what to populate the Break Out Label with, channel is default.
  2. Double-check your Multicable Jumper Preferences under Spotlight-Cables.  This will determine whether VW draws the jumpers when you do the next step.  My preference is to have "Subtract break out length from jumper length" so that it only draws jumpers for objects outside of the break out range.  I think this is unchecked by default.
  3. With the Multicable selected, run the Spotlight-Cables-Assign Multicable Circuits command.  This will allow you to select the fixtures in the order that you want them circuited, with ganging options and circuit skip options relegated to CTRL clicking and shift clicking.  Click an empty space on the drawing to complete the command.
  4. This should update your Break Out Label object and will update the Circuit Name and Circuit Number fields of the Lighting Device objects.

So, it appears that the Break Out Label object ignores changes made to the Circuit Name and Circuit Number fields unless those changes are made with the Assign Multicable Circuits command.  This will be a bummer if you prefer to let Lightwright balance your loads.  The other thing to keep in mind is that if you want to change the circuit assignment, you will have to do the entire mult or update the Break Out Label manually, as reassigning a single fixture (say, moving a fixture from circuit 4 to circuit 6) won't remove the fixture's previous assignment from the label.