Skylight?

bonose

I?m trying to create a skylight in a flat roof and must be missing something. VWA 9.5 help instructs me to: 1) Select Resources from the Palettes menu, then, 2) Select a 3d skylight symbol from the Resources palette. A picture of the open resources palette with a 3d Skylight symbol, located in Roof.mcd, is shown. I cannot find this symbol or ?Roof.mcd? in my program.

I?ve tried using window symbols and objects, but I?m told: ?Hybrid symbols cannot be used with skylights? ? and I cannot find a 3d only window symbol to use. Anybody know what I?m doing wrong?

Thanks

Mac OS 9.01; VectorWorks Architect 9.5

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

We don't cover this very well, I'll try and get some 3D-only skylight symbols posted that will make this easier. In the meantime, you can do this:

1. Create a Simple Window in the dimensions you want for your skylight. Turn off the trim and sills, etc., in the Object Info palette;2. Go to a 3D view (any view but Top/Plan);3. Select the window you just made and choose Ungroup off the Organize menu. Click OK in the "are you sure" dialog;4. Make the 3D window pieces into a symbol.

You should be able to use this symbol as a skylight.