Room Finish schedule

n ironside

I want to add a "trim" column to the Room Finish Schedule. I have figured out how to modify the records available and add it to the schedule, but inputing information into the column has me perplexed. When I select my new cell for trim information, the entire column is highlighted and individual cells can not be edited. OK I says to myself, I must need to edit this information with the Room Info Tool on the Architect Pallette, but when I click on a room name ID with this tool, I do not have an entry for trim. Is there a way to add a user defined item such as Trim to the Room Info pallette? How else can I do this?

OK, so far so good....I created a new Field called Trim System in the Room Finish Record, it shows up on the Object Info - Data Pane when I select the Room Name ID, I enter my data but it does not appear in the column of the Worksheet. How do I link that column to the Object Data

Is this all in the manual?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It's sort of in the manual, and a thorough reading of the VW9 manual chapter 16 will help. (Terms enclosed in asterisks are defined in that chapter.) What you will do, briefly, is enter in the column of the *database header row* that you want to hold your special data, a *formula* that is specified by "=RecordName.FieldName" (not including the quotes). This process is documented beginning on page 16-29 of the VW9 manual.

HTH, Robert.