Selecting an object that is behind another object.

I agree that if you have more than two identical objects stacked, selecting the right one is more than a matter of sending one backwards. But is is possible, if you plan for color differentiation among levels (or better yet, separate the objects by class Separating by class would allow you to preserve stacking order, if that is important).

George

I think it sayes 8.5.2 on the screenshot. Its been so long since i used 8.5 I can't honestly remember but I'm sure it had the two modes on the bar as you speak of. I tried firing up my old machine with it on but its on its way out and refuses to boot unless I catch it unawares!!

I know the Mac version of 8.5 had them, and I'd be most surprised if this basic function was missing in the Windows version. I'll keep on trying.

In the meantime I reckon there is a glitch or a setting causing this not to appear in your copy Jan15.

Having said that I to agree it would be nice if you could select easier, the basis of this thread.

Alan

Hi Jan 15

Got the old dog to start, and in the default VW8 workspace you don't see it , switch to the AEC and its there.

A word of caution....I don't know if its because of the state of my machine but when I switched back it stayed in the VW8 workspace, then it all froze and I couldn't get any tools to work, rstarting VW8 had no effect on unfreezing and reboot caused the machine to do it's I'm bleeping at you and not going to start routine.

As I said its old and ready for the skip.

Anyway, to answer your point, it's there at least under the AEC workspace.

Jeez, that's like NNA saying only Architects would need a use for that tool, as a disappointed of late basic VW version user that has a familiar ring to it ...

Alan

[ 03-06-2006, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: alanmac ]