palette freeze

Gytis

I haven't noticed any pattern to the actions I am taking before the freezes-certainly no single action. I will monitor.

I have interiorCAD 2.5beta and Renderworks 12 running alongside VW. Similar occurences with interiorCAD 2.0 and RW11.

I regularly restart about once a week, and repair permissions every two weeks or more frequently.

Next time it happens, restart the computer and see if it persists. Also keep an eye on how long it takes before the problem crops up.

You may also want to talk to Interior CAD about this since you are using a beta.

• 1 month later...

Problem maddeningly persists, and interiorCAD guys don't recognize the issue. It was also occurring with VW11 and IC 2.0, so not a beta issue.

Specifically, the palettes stop responding, though sometimes data can be entered by offsetting the cursor a few lines. Originally, only the OIP and Resource Browser seemed vulnerable, but now all palettes are affected. Of course, I have run numerous disc utilities numerous times. I have tried to observe a pattern over a long period of time, but cannot really discern any. Sometimes it is fine for a long time after a restart, sometimes trouble comes quickly. No particular action triggers the freeze, though Sleep periods might do so more often than random. Fresh installs also do not alleviate issue.

Any advice is appreciated.

• 1 year later...

I am too having the same problem, as are others I know running 12.5. I have found that it has been happening sooner after restarting VW each time. This past time I didnt even make it a minute before all my palettes froze. I am not running any programs alongside VW and just installed VW tonight. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? Its more than irritating.