3d and 2d views independent of one another

Kengene

Hello,

Is there a way where I can make a 3d view of a light be different then it's 2d view? For example, on a 3d view of a boom, I would want the lights stacked on top of each other because that's how they would be oriented in real life. However, in a plan view for a light plot, I don't want to stack them on top of each other cause then you can't read their info for the plot. It'd be great if I could edit the two views of the same object independently from one another. I feel like there probably is a way todo this, but I'm having trouble finding out how. 

You need to investigate Schematic Views. They are a simple but very clever tool which will get you out of most difficult situations.

I'm prepping a Webinar for Vectorworks about them right now for the 23 September if you can wait that long. I will be covering theatrical booms, multi-stacked bridge positions, custom sidelight structures - basically anything that isn't a truss!

Edited by markdd
  • Like 2