Notes Database

I was wondering if there is a way to merge my notes database from VW11.5 to VW12. I opened a drawing that had General notes and when I accessed the database it opened the 11.5. The new notes I placed opened the VW12 database. Apparently now I have been running two dbases and need to merge all into VW12

Converting Notes from Previous Versions

Product: Architect, Landmark, Spotlight, and Machine Design

Databases and notes created in versions of VectorWorks prior to version 11 can be converted for use in the current version.

Databases created in previous versions of the Notes Manager are automatically converted to the current version when they are selected by clicking Choose to select a database.

Callouts created in version 9 and above are automatically converted to the current format. They can be used as ordinary callouts, keynotes, or database callouts.

Other notes objects, such as Text Notes, Keynotes, and General Notes created by previous Notes Manager versions, as well as VectorWorks text objects, must be converted by command. VectorWorks text objects are converted to general notes.

To convert old objects to the current format:

1. Select Text > Convert Old Notes to New.

2. The Convert Old Notes to New dialog box opens. Select the type of old notes to convert.

Parameter

Description

All updatable objects

Converts any note-related items in the drawing

All selected objects

Converts any note-related items in the current selection

Just the following objects

Select the type of objects to be converted (Text Notes, Keynotes, General Notes from version 8.52 to 10, and text objects)

Layers/Classes

Specifies the layers and classes to be searched for objects to convert

3. Click OK to convert the objects to the current version Notes Manager format.

4. The Conversion Results dialog box displays a summary of the objects converted.