Strange byproduct of Viewport creation

I have been using VW 11.5 for a while now. Although I'm not an ace at it I do get some predictable results and I think it's a great tool.

I have found that most problems I encounter are due to operator error or a mis-application of the tool.

However, I just had a very strange thing happen and would love to hear that I had done something that caused it.

I had a DWG of a site plan that I imported to VW and have been using for a while to produce drawings. Today I made a crop of it that I turned into a viewport. The property has several roads on it and they are named. Usually the viewports I make are for broad overview purposes and most of the lables are too small to read. Todays viewport was made to orient visitors to the buildings that are clustered on one section of the property so, the lables were something I was trying to make prominent. Everything was going well and I was finished, just scanning the lables that I had bumbed up the font size of to see if they had become too crowded etc. then I noticed that the label for "Crocker Road" looked funny. A closer look showed that the word "road" was backward and upside down, in a way that I cannot reproduce -- the letters were printed backward, like in a mirror.

I thought this strange... how did this happen to the design layer???

Changing view to the design layer, I zoomed in on the offending lable to try to fix it... only to find that it was oriented correctly on the design layer. I deleted the Viewport and started over, only to get the same result (several times). It seems to affect this label only and since it is on the design layer, it cannot be fixed in the Viewport with annotation,

Without some idea of what is happening I fear my only recourse is to delete the label from the design layer and use the anotation fuction of the Viewport to lable this object.

Any ideas here?

Should I cross post this item to some of the other discussion groups?

Thanks in advance for all your assistance.

John

G5, 1.5G, VW 11.5

As you've discovered sometimes the text rotation gets confused.

make sure> Preferences>"Adjust Flipped Text" is checked. The 'road' text is reflected & rotated. VW has come a long way with text and what used to be a problem with reflections no longer exists ... except with some DXF/DWG imports . Is the offending text in a group? Is the group rotated ? Ungroup and then unrotate text .. or just delete it & create a new text object and move on...

or in VP annotation put a new text overlaying the bum one..