Change Save As Default Location

Tanner Shelton

Question

Here is something I deal with on a daily basis. When I am working on a project, I save it in the folder where my other versions of this project are. I like to save a new version every day, to give me a good log of changes and allowing me to go back if needed. But here is where I run into issues. Here is how I organize my folders and a description of the issue below:

Main Folder

-> Project A

-> File A Revision 1.vwx

-> File A Revision 2.vwx

-> Project B

-> File B Revision 1.vwx

So I had finished up working on File A for the day, and I save it as a new revision, which is revision 2. Then I open up File B to start working on new updates. Then, when I am finished, I go "File" -> "Save As". Then the location that the save as dialog box opens up, is the Project A folder (or the last place that I had last saved a file in). To me, this doesn't make sense, because I am now working on File B, and I would prefer it to open to the containing folder of the file I am currently working on. So what happens, is I save without checking which folder I am in, and then I have to go and hunt for the file because I don't know where it saved. Example of the issue below:

Main Folder

-> Project A

-> File A Revision 1.vwx

-> File A Revision 2.vwx

-> File B Revision 2.vwx (The dialog box defaults to the location of the last save instead of the currently open file)

-> Project B

-> File B Revision 1.vwx

4 answers to this question