Delete a peice of truss

07morton

Long story made short. I drafted 120' of truss in my drawing (Using all 10' pieces). I then made it a hanging position. I then placed all my lights where I needed them. However, I found out that I have to loose the middle 4 pieces of truss due to a structural soffit in the room (don't mention a site survey). Is there a way to easily delete them? Or do I have to start from scratch? Can I also add truss and make it the same hanging position? Or is it once you make it a hanging position, is it done and you just have to start from scratch? 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Depending on which option you selected when creating the hanging position you either created the hanging position with geometry or a symbol.

If you created a symbol the OIP of the hanging position will display the symbol name. You can find the symbol in the resource manager, edit the symbol and delete the extra pieces of truss.

If you selected to use geometry when converting there will be a button on the OIP "Edit Position Geometry..." Clicking the button will take you into an edit mode where you can delete the other pieces of truss.

• Like 2