Saved Views with Filters

JonMartell

Question

Saved views is a great way to work, giving you the ability to quickly turn on and off multiple layers and classes to get down to the stuff that you really want to see. I think the next logical step in the development of this tool is to allow you to use class and layer filters with saved views. This will allow you to add classes and layers without having to worry about them showing up in your saved views. Implementing this will make templates even more powerful, as you can build saved views around your working naming convention in your template, then customize your classes and layers on a project by project basis without the extra work of rebuilding saved views.

• Like 2

3 answers to this question

@JonMartell I like this idea. 

If I understood you correctly, it is to have 'smart saved views'/ 'dynamic saved views' that are based on certain pre-defined criteria (filters), right?

Another important leap for 'saved views', that would work really nicely with your idea is if 'saved views' can be applied onto 'viewports', so changing a 'saved view' setting can affect multiple 'viewports'. 

• Like 2