A.D.K.

Text Rotation Option to Track Viewport

Question

Need the option please to have text objects track the rotation of a viewport.  Please please please make this include Spotlight Label Legends.

At the moment, I have to insert certain fixtures at -89.9 degrees so they read correctly on sheets (because even when I sideways the label legends, it decides on its own which way it thinks is the "bottom"), and if I want to make a viewport of the same things that has a different rotation, I have to change them all on the design layer by instance.  Additionally, obviously they're all sideways on the design layer, which is a royal pain.  And if I need two viewports of the same thing on one sheet, one of which is rotated and one of which is not (eg: an inset), I have to make a copy of the whole arrangement, often also in a referenced file, and rotate the fixtures.

Have to do the same for text boxes, and if I hadn't abandoned callouts entirely in a fit of frustration, I imagine they'd be a nightmare as well.

Just need a wee checkbox per item that says "yes, I want the label legend/text/whatever to rotate with the viewport".

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet