unwanted transparency

A thin (1/16) extrude shows some transparency to other 3D objects in the same layer with Paint Overlay, no matter what sort of fill is used. Interestingly, transparency reduces as thickness increases, disappearing at 1/4. Also, only some lines of some objects come through.

Any diagnoses or hints?

Gytis: I tried to duplicate your issue and I am not sure if I am seeing it.

First off, there is a Paint mode and there is an Overlay mode, but no Paint Overlay.

When you say transparent, is it really a percentage of visibility or is it all or nothing.

It is possible that your change in thickness is making the object thick enough to stand higher than the other objects.

Thanks for the replies. I erred in writing Paint Overlay--it is simply in Paint mode. I would describe it as less a percentage of visibility than some objects come through fully and others don't. I specifically am trying to depict veneers over substrates, and when I zoom in on a section, the veneer still "stands higher", even when thin. Another interesting symptom is that although properly depicted in a close-up iso, as I zoom out, the underlying objects pop through.

Kevin, if you would like a file to play with, I could email you.

My feeling is that my struggle is due to limitations of OpenGL, as Delmer suggests, and I've been pining for Renderworks anyway, so here's a concrete rational to buy.