A matter of class...

I would like to thank Robert Anderson for his classes/layers chart, included in the extras folder.

I have a few comments and questions about it, and classes:

The comments:

It would be nice to have it formated in such a way that it could be printed out in more than either microscopic size, or 20"x48' size. Adobe Acrobat simply will not 'tile' the image. If it was in a standard spreadsheet format, it would make life easier to reformat it as the user sees fit.

It also mentions in the chart under mod-site-civil "Can we get Erez to combine these and use classes for this?" I assume Jonathan was making a private note for himself, and that Erez must work at NNA. Does this mean it has been done, or is it for a future release. I only ask since after upgrading to 11.5, many of my DTM related classes disappeared. I have added them back in, but maybe there is a reason for this absence.

With the new view ports, it would make sense to organize drawings a little differently, relying on classes more, and having fewer layers. You really do not need many layers if you have classes to keep things organized, and view ports for the final printed project. Just my opinion. KISS

The Questions:

How does one print out a report of classes used?

Is there a way to save or load classes (other than via a blank document).

Is there any way to add to the plug-in object classes? (i.e.Style-Glazing-4)

It is easy to organize classes in the drop down menu by using a '-' to put them in folders. Can you reorganize layers/sheets the same, by either nesting them in folders, or changing the order of them in the list?

If a plug-in object produces items/symbols that use a class that does not exist in the document, what happens?

Thank you everyone who reads this forum, and takes the time to respond. I know how difficult it can be to take time out of your day to do this.

[smile]

I'll answer the easy ones:

Its simple enough to load classes with predetermined attributes by copying something from another drawing and pasting it into the one you want. You can even have a template-like file with single instances of lines etc in different classes to go to and essentially grab a class when you want it.

I don't know if you can nest layers but you can arrange them with the buttons in that window (up, down, top, bottom).

New PIOs will create the classes they use.

As for the class print-out, my rudimentary method would be to do a screen capture and paste it into Word or Pshop.