disappearing shortcut keys and changing workspaces

We have just upgraded to V11.5, and have created our own workspaces as a copy of standard.

However the custom palettes keep changing and shortcut keys for zoom in and zoom out keep disappearing after about 30 minutes work. The shortcut keys can be reassigned by using workspace editor but they disappear again after a while.

Any ideas?

PC windows XP, Pentium 4, 1.9Ghz 512 RAM.

I recall moving a new workspace from V9 to 10 and it duplicated a whole bunch of the plugins, confusing the program as to which to use. With a backup and some careful deletions I finally got it working. The tech support person I spoke with at the time strongly recommended that previously customized workspaces not be imported into newer versions.

Delmer

We did - originall copied our old workspace into v11.5 then changed the extension to .qtr.

We now think this may have been the problem - although the workspace then became available, it appeared still to be v10 with items such as viewports unavailable.

We then changed to the standard and customised a copy, but still with the updated v10 in the workspace folder.

We have now deleted this and it appears to have resolved the problem (so far, fingers crossed).

Will monitor over the next few days and advise if the problem returns. It is a pain having to start workspaces again from scratch and maybe Katie can advice os another way of doing this.