not snapping to other layers

Long-time Lurker, First-time Poster... MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra), VW 2018 SP6, linked with LW6

I've been having nothing but problems with VW2018. The latest is that VW seg-faulted while I was using the Lighting Accessory tool to add top hats to a bunch of units. When I brought it back, all of my lights had shifted slightly off of their hanging positions, and NOT in a uniform way. In attempting to start the laborious process of moving them all back where they belong, I discover that even though I have my layer setting set to "Show/Snap" others, I can't actually snap them to my lighting positions, which for organization's sake, I keep on separate layers. The lights seem to have kept their association with their hanging positions, but not the correct location ON those hanging positions; the witness lines to points floating in space in the vicinity of the hanging positions. 

What the heck happened here? Why can't I get things to snap to other layers? Why did everything move? This is so frustrating!

[file removed]

Edited by Chelsea Lynn
removed file since solution was found, would rather it not be floating around out there