Command complete

doberman69

Question

I came from Autocad land. Not the best program but it has it's merits. One thing that I think is critical to efficiency with that software is the process of engaging a command and then that command is ended when your done. In Autocad you can re initiate but the command doesn't stay on. In Vworks you have to make a conscious effort to turn it off. In Vworks you have to make a point of shuttng the command down. This is an extra step that just shouldn't be. Every step is time. Though the time used is minor, it adds up. The next problem is the process of engineering and designing requires a chain of thought that is unbroken by having to back track. I say back track because if you are working in a flow, you are working from one command to the next as you tune and adjust. So your thought process is moving on to the next command. So imagine you've completed the dimensions you need but you need to make a adjustment after seeing the dim illuminatng a problem. So you go to select that item and move it to make the offset work better. Nope, you're still in dim mode and you've already started the next dim unknowingly. You look up and uuhhggg. So you back track. Yes I know you can hit the "X" key but this is an extra step that is unnecessary. This may not be the best example as usually people will do all of their dims as a process but when designing and engineering at the same time one has to bounce back and forth quite a bit. Regardless this happens with any command routine. Either way there needs to be a default to revert back to the selection command after every completed command.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet