Files crash when printing

Okay here is the deal ... we got a new HP Designjet 800ps a month ago had not need to print on it till now. In it's first few days files had no problem being set to the 800. Now I can use the page setup but when I choose print in crashes VW & every othe App. on my Computer. Called HP did print set up repair added the printer agian. It will print new files but none of the old files on the computer will print (most of the files were created in 10.5.1) So .... what do I do now? I am still fairly new to Mac & VW so I don't totally understand how things work. I need someone to point me in a good direction. This is something that needs to be corrected soon. Because jobs have to go out. Help please.

Thanks!!

K

Hi K,

We also plot from Mac OS 10.3 and VW 10.5.1 to an HP DesignJet 800PS, and I have recently also had problems crashing. My machine was crashing when I invoked the print dialog when the 800PS was set up as the default printer.

When I set the default back to our laser printer I could pull up the print dialog fine, but when I switched it back to the DesignJet as default, once again, as soon as I called the print dialog,...Crash.

I resolved my problem by running First Aid and repairing permissions. While it was repairing the permissions, the log file was listing hundreds of lines of errors, all of them HP plugins or printing prefs.

I don't know how they all got corrupted, but repairing permissions fixed it.

Hope it works for you.

Regards,

Peter

Thanks for the advice, but when I did that it still crashed in print. We set the printer up with the IP address instead of apple talk. I did talk with HP agian and they said that the ip address is the recomended way. It still will not print from old file but we found a way around that be exporting as vectorscript and then importing into new file. I email tech support at Vectorworks and as suspected no response. Thanks all you users!!!!!!!

K