acdeslx

Using projector tool to project video onto non-screens

Question

It would be really great to be able to use the projector tool to project on something other than a "screen". Most of my work involves projecting on custom surfaces, many of which are custom and not necessarily flat.

I know that I can project a gobo but it's a workaround and an extra step that is just unpleasant to have to use.

Thanks.

Dave

• Like 2

4 answers to this question

Hi Dave,

I agree completely. We need a proper functioning projector tool not a shabby workaround that people who don't often use projectors think should 'kind of work'. 

I requested this over 2 1/2 years ago... maybe we need to remind VW...

• Like 1

The only workarounds I have been able to successfully use is to use a gobo projecting light instrument but of course it mean that you cant simply use a certain lens or projector type to get an idea of what you might reasonably see.

It is a LOT of faffing about to do something so simple.

It seems to me to be a matter of VW not being bothered about this because not enough people shout about it even though I would have thought that it would be fairly easy for them to actually implement a projector instrument.