corrupt file help

SKB

I am trying to diagnose why my file does not open in ACAD when exported out as a 2002 dwg drawing. The issue appears to be in the viewport layer. The file starts to open and then hangs. The file contains multiple viewports at different scales. When I cut and paste the model layers into a new drawing the model layers export out and open fine. If I try to make new view ports the same issue occurs.

I have had a similar problem like the one you describe. My exported DWG files seemed to hang Autocad in a PC. But I discovered that if I pressed the ESC key in the PC, when it seemed to be hang, the file finally opened.

I'm sure this is not the correct way it should work, I think VW outputs some complex data Autocad doesn't know how to handle very well.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for your comments, I will experiment with this a bit. It appears that the complex data you mention may be related to parametric data from 3d objects although I have not been able to confirm this. I have exported regular 2d drawings with multiple viewports and there is no issue. I suspect there must be an additional step required to strip away the parametric data before exporting? Any help from Tech support would be greatly appreciated.