Video Tools - Edit Screen image - shift by pixels

Mike Wright

Question

Given the complexity of many modern screen setups and the fact that content is often produced for them on a total pixel area canvas, it would be great if you could choose the H/V start pixel for a screen image rather than a percentage.  I frequently produce content for multi screen rigs in Illustrator and rather than having to chuck out an artboard for each screen, being able to pick a position within a larger image would be great, percentage is not accurate enough for multiple screens especially when they are close together or have accurate mullions. 

For instance, this is the content for a relatively simple LED screen comprised of 15 different 'sections'.  It requires 15 artboards and therefor 15 different RW textures to get it working in VW.  Imagine then that your client wants to change the background........

image.thumb.png.6473f022e9223aee50432a3eb9c38699.png

a single 8576x512 pixel RW texture given that i know the start pixel of each screen would be far easier and less time consuming

Of course it could just be me that comes across this 🙂

Edited by Mike Wright

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet