Text above extrudes

Hi - 

I'm trying to create a drawing that includes tables of varying heights.  I'd then like to label each of these heights using a text box that essentially lays flat on top of each table top.  I've discovered that the text follows the "Z" elevation of the layer, so the text in a given layer all resides at the Z height of the layer.  But in my drawing, I have several different extrudes and tables at varying heights so I'd like to adjust the individual Z heights of the text boxes.  I don't see the Z dimension for 2D text boxes, and after attempting to convert the text to Polylines it still does not show a Z dimension in the OIP.  The plane is currently set to 3D but if I change it to Screen, it doesn't change the text location.  How can I have individual text boxes lie "flat on the top" of tables of varying thicknesses on the same layer?  I've discovered that the text DOES show up on the top of any extrudes.

Thanks.

Edited by jsp

If you want to do it manually (or if you want to write a script for it), I think you must move the text as 3D move.

(To avoid conflict with the texture of the extrude, you might have to move the text a bit farther up than the extrude thickness, additional 0.01 Millimeters or so.) 

Edited by Nicolas Goutte