Sign in to follow this  
Jean-Marc

10.1.2 is still slow

Well, Jean-marc, slow hardware certainly isn't helping this situation, when CPUs that are 6 times faster are available. Did you experience the slowdown between 10.0 and 10.1 or between 9.x and 10.1?

I actually went from 8.5 to 10.1, so it was a rather large leap. However, I only noticed the problem when I began placing plants via the plant catalogue and started creating vegetation lines.

Although I do detect a very slight improvement with V10.1.2, I am still finding the going very slow on drawings with more than say 100 plant symbols, or if I have set up some vegetation lines. This is a serious problem, as some of my large scale landscape designs can include hundered or even thousands of plants. My productivity has been greatly diminished since going with v10.1.

I guess I have to return to my original question. Is this a hardware problem (Win 98, 640 Meg, Pentium 3, 500mhz), or is it a software issue?

Jean-marc, do you have the 3D enabled with your plants? You will see a tremendous speedup if you disable it while working and turn it on only for visualization.