Grid 'Layer' Selected by Default - Ideas?

Asemblance

Question

Hi All,

We tend to have a layer in each drawing/model file for Grids, section cut lines etc. I think this is fairly standard? (Although I could be wrong, please feel free to recommend a different approach). This layer is generally stacked at the very top of the layers, so it can always be seen above other graphics.

What I tend to find is that people jump into a file, go to a sheet layer and in through a viewport and edit from there. This defaults to the top layer (i.e. the Grids layer) and people draw on it without realising.

Anybody have a good way around this? It would be useful if a layer could be designated as 'guide' or 'construction grid' etc, and then somehow locked or greyed out so it isn't accidentally drawn on.

1 answer to this question

7 hours ago, Asemblance said:

Hi All,

We tend to have a layer in each drawing/model file for Grids, section cut lines etc. I think this is fairly standard? (Although I could be wrong, please feel free to recommend a different approach). This layer is generally stacked at the very top of the layers, so it can always be seen above other graphics.

What I tend to find is that people jump into a file, go to a sheet layer and in through a viewport and edit from there. This defaults to the top layer (i.e. the Grids layer) and people draw on it without realising.

Anybody have a good way around this? It would be useful if a layer could be designated as 'guide' or 'construction grid' etc, and then somehow locked or greyed out so it isn't accidentally drawn on.

Also interested if someone has found a solution  all I've found is wishes for it work better.

Like it would be good if we could nominate the default drawing layer (and Class) for each viewport.