Material Take-Offs (Setting up properly)

I am a new user, and I am beginning to develop our library of all of our different manufactured parts.

What I want to do is have 2 seperate material take-offs,

1: Material List for the actual created symbol. This I would use in my fabrication sheet layer for the individual symbol showing how to fab the individual symbol.

2: I use all these symbols to create a project. This project is to have the symbols list in a presentation sheet. In this I dont want to show all the little items to fab this symbol, just the symbols used.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Not knowing what you're making or what your material list looks like makes it hard to know if this system will work for you or not.

You can attach a record to each symbol.You can have a large number of fields in this record,including a name. You can then create a worksheet that reports all of the info in a drawing.It may take a fair bit of work to make this work for you since you are a new user.

I do this for cabinetry,so my worksheet reports how many of each type of cabinet,total amount of hinges,drawer slides etc,total labor and so forth.The worksheet can function as a spreadsheet,so you have the capability to perform math on these numbers.

The trick is to play around with some simple test symbols to see how this all works.Then put some thought into what info you need and how it needs to be presented and design the system.

The manual has in it what you need to know.