Layer elevation bug?

Hi all,

Interesting observation here... I was setting up my layers with layer elevation not = 0. 

For example, some of my lighting towers rest on the plane which I shall call ground zero. Some towers are below this plane by virtue of the nature of the outdoor space so I have an elevation of -1000mm. 

So when I hang lights on towers which were placed on layer elevation with a negative value - let's say the tower is 15m tall placed on a -1m layer elevation which gives us a net height of +14m, the lights oddly point upwards instead of their usual downwards position. 

I have fiddled with the default settings for the orientation of lighting fixtures so I can safely eliminate that as a possibility. On the same file, lighting fixtures that were placed on layers with elevation of 0 and above pointed down as normal. 

A case of a bug there or is this intended? And if intended what could the possible applications be?

Gabriel