Runtime Error Message

I just installed Landmark w/ Renderworks on a new Hp nx9500, Windows XP Pro Nivida graphics card and while working in Vectorworks I get:

Runtime Error

Program: c:.......vectorworks.exe

R6025

pure virtual call

Yesterday Katie said i needed the updated driver which I downloaded (the right one, I hope...under Quadro and then then file from the top of the page) from Nivida earlier today. Still I get the error message and the program shuts down and reboots.

Wassup with that? Scott [Confused]

[ 07-17-2004, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: stmlandplan ]

I've downloaded 56.72_winxp2k_english_whql

into a folder named Nvidia Driver

there was a folder that came with the computer named Nvidia Display Driver but I can't find a driver version in the folder. There is a read-me file that says 56.72???

This is Version 11.0

I'm not doing anything in particular...mostlly running the learning disk and toggling back and forth to the open program but I can be jsut sitting there with them open and it gives the error and prompts to shut down. Boots right back up though and opens to same page.

Still no luck. I've reinstalled the program VW11.0(clearing the cache) and downloaded Nvidia 53.03 and 61.76 and I still get the C++ Runtime error. The last time the error message read:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error

Program: C:\Program~1\VECTOR~1\VECTOR~1.EXE

This Application has requested Runtime to terminate in an unusual way....

I can't tell that there is any consistecy when it happens as to what I am doing. Any more ideas?

Yes. I did install evry one of their driveers and it still crashed. Since my last writing you and I spoke on the phone and so far so good. I feel confident that the problem was that during my install some component of Norton Anti-Virus was still enabled. Se told you I was a novice. I'm now going to try and go back to the latest Nvidia driver to see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Katie,

I'm still getting this Runtime Error message. I've installed Nvidia 53.03 (talked with another tech at VW and he said he was running the later 61.76 version with no problems) I've now tried both and yes they were installed. Problem seems to be less frequent but still about every hour or more. Norton anti-virus is still disabled and I'm at a loss. What shall I do next?

Hello Katie,

I am experiencing the same problem.

When it first happened I rolled back the driver to the last previous version.

This seemed to work for a while, however the problem began to occur again (both with new files and

existing ones).

The original driver was the one installed when I first loaded the operating system (windows xp pro).

The second driver has come via windows update facility.

ORIGINAL DRIVER

===============

SiS 300/305/630/540/730

Version: 5.1.2001.0

Provider: Microsoft

LATEST DRIVER

=============

SiS 630/730

Version: 6.13.10.2090

Provider: SiS

As things appeared to start working for a while I plan to investigate if it is related to a particular template I have set up for creating new files. I fell that as it was working for a while there may be a particular setting in the template that the driver doesnt like...only a hunch!

Also I will look at the video display settings for the driver to see if that improves things.

regards

JamesD

I assume SiS is the manufacturer, either the 630 or 730, cant be sure unless I rip open the case.

More Info

=========

I can report that the problem is related to a particular template, or should I say a particular setting within the template. The following are the test scenarios I completed.

"JamesTemplate" is based on the VW supplied "Default" template.

1. "JamesTemplate" is renamed to "Default" to load on VW startup.

Draw rectangle, click fill colour box on Properties window and ERROR occurs.

2. 1. Return to VW supplied default template to be used on VW startup.

Draw rectangle, click fill colour box on Properties window and NO PROBLEM.

Then open another new drawing this time using the "JamesTemplate"

Draw rectangle, click fill colour box on Properties window and NO PROBLEM.

I have repeated these scenarios successfully.

Summary, I am guessing that the template is being used in some manner during VW startup and in the case of "JamesTemplate" is causing a corruption when the colour palette is loaded. Maybe I am wrong.

Once loaded correctly the "JamesTemplate" works fine.

I am happy to send my template through to you.