Sketchup Texture Import Problem

I keep trying to import a few different sketches people into a 3D model that I have. I have been able to upload two of the people with no issues. However, now when I try to upload a new person, either the texture on the new person changes drastically or textures that I've put on walls and other objects in the file change drastically.

I've tried uploading these characters in a blank document and they upload fine. I think the new people are referencing existing textures within the document. Is there a way I can upload the new sketchup people and make sure their texture is independent from other textures in the file?

You could try importing them to a blank file first. Rename all the textures. Create a symbol for each person object. Import the symbols in the usual way into the document you need them in.

It should be said though that if there is a name conflict for any resource when importing symbols or other geometry, then a dialogue box should open with various options.