VW2010 will not run on El Capitan

GardenLink

Question

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and I am hoping that someone will be able to help me. I have VW2010 and I have installed it on my Mac which is running on El Capitan 10.11.6. It looks like the install was fine but when I want to launch the VW it shuts down about half way when loading. Could someone let me know why it is happening and what I should do to fix the problem.

1 answer to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I'm not 100% sure on this issue, so you might want to get in touch with Tech Support. But just guessing, you're running an 8-year-old version of the application software on a 2-year-old version of the OS. I'm guessing there may be a basic incompatibility and you may need to upgrade your Vectorworks. Apple is known for introducing incompatibilities from version to version of their OS, and we often offer an "SP5" to fix incompatibilities from the previous version. But 8 versions back is a little long in the tooth. Tech Support should be able to give you a definitive compatibility answer, though.