Workspace migration

One of the tools that excited me about VW 11 was the claim to help identify legacy commands in the workspace editor.

I dutifully followed the steps in the manual, and was happy to see some commands added into my workspace, but there wasn't any identification other than the normal failure when you try to save with missing plugins etc.

Any help?

The new improvements to the workspace editor are as follows

When you create a keyboard shortcut that is in use by another command/tool, an alert dialog box pops up telling you which tool that keyboard shortcut is assigned to. In addition, you are asked if you would like to cancel the previous shortcut and apply it to the new/current tool, or leave the old shortcut in place.

I apologize if the new workspace feature was miscommunicated.

The new workspace feature is on the last page of the brochure including an image of the new dialog.

Hi Katie,

The keyboard assignment improvement is a great help. What through me was in the what's new part of the manual

Workspace Editor legacy item identification

Legacy tools and commands are now grouped together within a Legacy folder for easier identification

Along with the verbage in the Appendix for customizing made it sound like the obsolete commands were somehow identified.

For me it isn't a big deal, I only have 10 or 15 custom tools to add and about the same in key assignments. The 14 people I support however have made very elaborate workspaces, so I can hear the groaning and complaining already! [Roll Eyes]

thanks

Ion,

Legacy items include items in earlier versions of VW that are not included in a palette by default. Usually, these tools and commands are ones that have been replaced with more advanced technology.

If you notice, in the workspace editor, there is a new folder called "Legacy" under Menus and Tools along the left side of the workspace editor.