Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Saving a Document - Save a Copy As

Is it possible to save a document to a different file without user intervention that will work in the background?   I currently have one, File Name - Master.vwx which is my WIP always current version.   I'm writing a script that will update the Revision # & Date in the title block (I have this working), but then I want it to save the document with File Name - V#.vwx in a /revisions folder or similar.    

I can get it to sort of do this with the SaveActiveDocument function, however, Vectorworks automatically opens the new file,  which I don't want.  I want to keep the Master WIP version loaded.   I tried adding a second SaveActiveDocument call after this to re-save the original file name and re-open it,  but this fails.  I assume it fails because that document already exists and you can't overwrite it.    Is it possible to force the function to overwrite an existing document?

Basically I want the functionality of Save A Copy As without user intervention if possible.     Anyone have any suggestions? 

Edited by Wes Burrows
  • Like 1