Dialogual Harassment

The selected object has no editing behavior.

To use the offset tool, click on one side of the selected object.

They are something like that. there are others. Their main aim is to tell people how to use the tools/program. They are easily invoked by accidental clicks.

I've known how these tools work for a long time but I still get interupted at least a dozen times a day and it is an annoying break in the work flow.

These kinds of dialogues, the ones that would be no longer needed under any circumstances once one knows how to draw with VW, should have a "do not show again" checkbox.

Best,

Donald

I should add, however, that this preference does not work the way I would like it to. Some dialogues which I consider minor, still crop up. For example if I select the offset duplicate tool and click on the drawing without first clicking on an object, I get an alert telling me I'm not doing it right. Which I have to click ok to get rid of.

I think the implementation should be more consistent. All dialogues which explain how the program works should be considered minor. Once you know how it works you want to be rid of them. But maybe the checkbox idea would work best since it would allow us to selectively banish dialogues rather than all or none.

Best,

Donald