Updating subclasses from the grouping part in hierarchical display

Art V

Question

It would be nice if all subclasses to a class or subclass could be updated all at once for their common attribute through their grouping part.

E.g. the following classes are used.

Class1-items1

Class1-items2

Class1-items3

These classes have different fill colours but the same line type and line weight. If I want to update the line type for all these subclasses I have to disable hierarchical display, select them all and then open the properties.

It could be easier if I would be able to select the grouping part (i.e. Class1) in hierarchical display, invoke the properties dialog and update the attributes I want to update, tick a box to have this update apply to all subclasses of that grouping part and be done.

One thing where this could be really useful is when importing DWG files with lots of classes. I usually add a prefix to imported dwg files, e.g. DWG1, DWG2.

Then I only would have to select DWG1, invoke the attribute properties dialog, untick the fill and tick the "apply to all subclasses" and all imported dwg classes will no longer have a fill. This could also work for setting e.g. a light gray outline for imported dwg classes if used as a background for your drawing.

Edited by Art V

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet