Printing current view across multiple pages

quote:

you must mean the 'print current view only' button in the print dialog box pull down menu (?)

yes, i do. What I meant was if I set my print area to two letter size sheets, I expect to print the current view with two sheets not one. I want to avoid having to manually pan through my drawing, to get what I want. Very tedious when I have multiple views to be printed out.

ariel

"Print Current View" disregards whatever print border was created by the "Print Setup" and "Set Print Area" commands.

Are you sure you didn't create a print border 2 pages wide, and then use the "Move Page" tool to move that print border to the view you wanted to print? And then maybe issued a "Fit to Window" command to zoom in on the area to be printed across those two pages? That way you would print the current view across 2 pages, though not by checking the "Print Current View" box.

Yup. I called up my former officemate and he confirmed what I was saying is indeed true. Their current setup uses VW 9, Win2k and an epson photo sylus printer (although I remember being able to do it on an HP laser printer as well). I can even recall asking myself why I couldn't do that on my Mac back then.

ariel