Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Door Trim Size Default

rosebud5

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

What version of Vectorworks are you using?

Vectorworks 2017 introduced Door andWindow Styles. I believe that might help make things easier.

If you'd like to actually change the trim sizes in the default content, you could create a script to set them for you.  What I would do is this:

1. Go to your Vectorworks User folder. You can do this by opening the VW Preferences, going to the User Folders tab and clicking on the "Reveal in Finder" button (Mac) or "Browse" (Windows).
  2. Find the files (in the Libraries/Defaults folder) you'd like to make changes to.
  3. Copy, rename and place the files in the Libraries/Favorites folder
  4. Open each file, run a script to set the trim sizes and save.
  5. When your done, the doors will be available as a favorite in your resource manager.

So the only thing missing is the script. I'll see what I can do as time permits. If anyone wants to beat me to it, feel free to do so.  ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Here's the script.

If you open the script in a text editor, you will find the following lines:

SetRField( hPIO, hParamRecName, 'IntTrim', 'TRUE' );        {//// 'TRUE' = Show Trim, 'FALSE' = No Trim }
        SetRField( hPIO, hParamRecName, 'IntTrimWidth', '3' );        {//// trim width in document units}
        SetRField( hPIO, hParamRecName, 'IntTrimDepth', '0.75' );    {//// trim depth in document units}
        SetRField( hPIO, hParamRecName, 'ExtTrim', 'TRUE' );        {//// 'TRUE' = Show Trim, 'FALSE' = No Trim }
        SetRField( hPIO, hParamRecName, 'ExtTrimWidth', '3' );        {//// trim width in document units}
        SetRField( hPIO, hParamRecName, 'ExtTrimDepth', '0.75' );    {//// trim depth in document units}

Change the values shown here in red as needed.

Set All Door Style Trim.vs.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, I am trying to used the script that you helped me out with but I am not very good with scripting.  I have imported the script into my existing doc and created a new vector script.  I select an existing door and run the script and nothing happens.  I create a new door and run the script and nothing happens.  I know that there is a critical part to this that I am missing. Please advise if possible.  Thanks!