Alternate Coordinate Axes

Is there some way to have an alternative coordinate system at a user-defined angle so that an entire drawing file could be tilted back and forth and worked on like a drawing which is rotated on the drafting board? This would permit working on an angled section of a building, say, while retaining the ability to work in an orthogonal manner on that angled portion (i.e. your dimensioning and offsetting would be accomplished on an orthogonal alternative grid rather than on the diagonal) I have tried using working planes to define another angle, but find that will only work on strictly 3D objects. I haven?t been able to use it for walls either as that operation requires Top/Plan projection which defaults to the ground plane when I try to use a working plane angled to the ground plane. 3D polygons work on an angled working plane, but when you add dimensions, text, and other non-3D elements, they do not hold position at the angle of the working plane.

Is there a way to do this that I just haven't discovered yet?