View>Multiple View Ports question?

We work in a structural based office where almost everything we do is 2D and with saved views. However we do use viewports from time to time.

I exclusively used the create viewport function when this is required. Then I noticed the multiple viewport option.

The thing Im noticing with the multiple viewports options is that if you have multiple design layers on the saved view, it seems to want to included all the details regardless if they are on different layers with different scales

So say I have a plan on one layer, then 2 details on another layer, all on one saved view. I only want to make multiple view ports of just the plan.

When I select just that design layer it creates a viewport of everything that is on that saved view. Even though the other details are on a separate layer/scale within the saved view.

My assumption here is maybe you can only use "create multiple viewports" with something on only one design layer?

Maybe its the saved view part thats goofing this up?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

That command is assuming you are doing a standard 3D single model and getting all plan and elevation views directly from it. If you are doing only 2D and separating by layer I do not believe that command will have many uses for you.