Revised Room Finishes

Tom Klaber

Question

I really like the idea of the room tag holding finish information. More over - I love the Finishes database, but the input is too restrictive and does not apply in too many cases. While it works for most rooms most of the time - there are just too many 1 offs that end up requiring use to jump ship to a manual system.

I would love to have the Room Finishes section be revised to allow you to add as many finishes to a room as you like. So it would work like this;

Click on the |+Add Finish| Button - this would add a row.

In that row, you could select a finish from the finish database or add a new finish.

Then you could select OR manual input where that finish was. So you could write Wainscott, or Feature Wall - or North Wall - whatever was called for - or All Walls.

Some rooms are complicated - and this way you could add as much or as little finish information as was required for that room.

I understand that this will cause some issues about how the spreadsheet is created. Each finish would need its own row - that is somehow nested under the room. Maybe something like the attached.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet