Creating Reports

That didn't help, but thank you for the response.

I am trying to show the number of brackets (etc) that are redundant. One would think that this part of the link would help do that, but it didn't work.

Here's how to show the number of unique object types:

Highlight column A and click the Worksheet menu icon (the triangle to the left of the Descending Sort icon). From the drop-down menu which displays, select Insert > Column; a new column A is inserted. In the cell at the intersection of column A and the header row, enter a value of 1. The individual totals of unique objects are summarized in column A.

Any other advise? BTW - My symbols don't have records, they re just parts of a larger structure.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Well the count next to each symbol database row will always be 1, but there should be a total count in the database header row or in a summary row, if you can post your file or email it to tech@vectorworks.net I can take a look.

This should be doable with or without records attached to the symbol as long as the Symbol Names are correct.