New Line in worksheet cell

I don't think you're missing it. It's not really easy to do without hacking it.

I only know 3 ways to do it. None of them good :-) Maybe someone else will know the "real" way.

1. Wrap the cell and add spaces to force text down to the next line.

2. Use individual cells in a column and then merge the cells in the adjoining column.

3. Worksheet cells can't use ascii character numbers. So you can't call CHR(13) to get the carriage return. But you can copy a carriage return from another application (or probably a text object in VW) and paste that into a cell. Then use the concat function and reference that cell whenever you want a carriage return.

I'll attach an example, but you will see that they all have drawbacks.

hth

mk

Edited by michaelk

Thanks, the Carriage Return seems like the trick but your character is not cooperating with me - should this be a Unicode character? I am not averse to a little light hacking.

One other thing that may be getting in my way is that this is overriding data that is coming from the Plant record. Although I may be able to put a carriage return into the record itself.

Hmmm - you are giving me ideas so I am off to play with this a bit

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I disappeared on you. I think it is a Windows thing.

If I generate a the character in Excel or Word when I paste it into VW I get the last line only - this is also happening in your sample file so all I see is fum from fee fi fo fum.

Still playing but I think the system is trying to stop me with more determination than I expected.