Limits to Workspace Organization?

I posted a little bit about this almost a year ago, and am still having issues.

I write a lot of scripts that speed up my workflow immensely. Basic things such as "select every fixture that matches this channel" or "move based on angle", etc., and some really complicated ones

But it appears that there is some sort of limitation in how you can sort scripts into sub-menus. I have scripts that are verified working as long as they are in the Object Context menu, or certain sub-menus within Object Context, but don't run at all when in other sub-menus, even though some other scripts do run in that same sub menu. I've tried deleting some some menus and creating new ones. I've tried splitting things up. But there just seems to be some limitation in the number of things or how they are sorted. I would really like to nail this down. It's killing me.

For example, in the attached image, I show my Object Context Menu, with several sub menus. "Select Instrument Type" works just fine when in the Object Context menu, or when placed in the "Duplicate/Move/Place" menu. But it does not work in "New Menu". It didn't work in its previous location, which was broken up into Select 1 and Select 2. However, "Select Class" and "Hide Class" work just fine where they are.

I rebuilt this workspace from scratch only about six weeks ago, after having so many problems previously.

Does anyone know what the limits are on Workspace organization?