Print PDF page size issue

Greetings. I have run into an issue with printing large format PDF documents. I have received the following error:

Invalid Paper Size

Change the Custom Paper Size tot he correct value, or choose "Scale to fit paper size".

I am printing 44" x 34" and have printed from this document previously with no issues. The document was created by another user and, to be fair, the first time I printed I had to go in and select the correct paper size, but no big deal. Now, I constantly get this error message. I have changed paper sizes and changed it back, it have extended the margins to 0" all around. If one views the page boundary it sits correctly within the context of the drawing.

I have restarted VW and restarted my computer. I did try to export as PDF which then locked up the application.

Any ideas?

The Alert window also pos up with the extraordinarily helpful;

How to choose "Scale to fit paper size:.

1. Choose Paper Handling from the print option pop-up menu.

2. Select "scale to fit paper size", and choose the size of the paper which you want to print on from the Destination Paper Size pop-menu.

I suppose I would love to try that if I had some idea where those items were located. What I would like better is to print a PDF at 34" x 44" like pretty much every other project I have done over the past 15-20 years.

Any idea what is causing this?????? I am on a deadline which I have now missed.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Make sure to get that file to tech@vectorworks.net and have them take a look. If you can't even get it to export PDF then I suspect the issue is file related and not actually something with your printer settings, unless of course you can't print other files from Adobe Reader or Preview or other applications of a similar nature?